Welcome to the Farinar Films Blog!

Where magic and dreams flow together in the lake of rainbows, Farinar lives and from here, he tells tales beyond imagining.

12.27.2008

"Dr. McNab Destroys Copyright!"

Hello all and welcome to a tale about threats, copyright and Dr. McNab.
"Dr. McNab Destroys Halloween" has been uploaded on various sites for a couple of months now, and has gotten both good and bad reviews. I had been pretty satisfied with the results of the WCM-Contest and was enjoying Wrath of the Lich King while thinking of my next movie.

WeGame.com, which Oxhorn is a part of, has been host to my video since it came out, and I really like that site and I still do. But one day, while seeing if there had been any updates, I saw that I had gotten a whisper from a user I didn't know. Curious as I am, I opened it and read it. Here is a direct copy paste of it:

"Hello
I have watched your movie "Dr. McNab Destroys Halloween", and I must admit: I hate it.
The idea about an evil doctor is stolen from Oxhorn, who invented "Professor Evil Destroys ..." a long time ago. Even the title of your movie is a copy of this!
Ask an admin to take down your movie you stupid piece of shit, because this is violation of the copyrights!"


Stunned, I gasped at it and then broke into laughter. I had never seen it as a copy of Oxhorn's movie, but now that he mentioned it, I was able to see that there were certain similarities. However, such a bastard shouldn't go unnoticed to the admins, who I did as he wished: Contacted an admin. 45 Minutes later he was gone - banned from the site!

The moral of this story is: Stop bragging about copyrights or you get banned! Also when it comes to real life!

THE END

(Yes the moral is kinda stupid.)

PS. A new Dr. McNab movie is currently being planned, and it's going to be fun to make! I won't say much but it includes this so far: Rickrolling.

Ingen kommentarer: